Ancient history meets epic relaxation meets pasta on this 13-day trip through Italy and Greece. Envision yourself as a Gladiator in the Colosseum of Ancient Rome, explore the beauty of Southern Italy, nerd out on all things Greek mythology in Delphi, and unwind on a white sand beach, drink in hand, on one of Greece’s breathtaking islands: Corfu. After all that, travel back in time to where Western Civilization began on the Acropolis of Athens.
What are the top highlights?
- Visit the ruins of the Colosseum in Rome, where you can picture yourself as a gladiator (or one of the 80,000 spectators)
- Get a taste of the Mediterranean way of life with the best local food and wine
- Go on a fascinating tour of Pompeii, the city devastated by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD
- Explore the area around Naples, where pizza is said to have originated
- Soak up the sun, and gawk at the crystal-clear water on the beaches of Corfu
- Explore the many collections of the Delphi Archeological Museum, one of Greece's most popular museums
- Walk to the top of Athens’ ancient and famous Acropolis
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 11 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in Rome and Athens
- Skip-the-line entrances to the Colosseum and Acropolis
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Get ready to eat spaghetti on penne on linguine on fettuccine on gnocchi on ravioli on chocolate gelato (not literally, but maybe literally).
- Day 2: Arrive in Rome + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to Rome, Italy’s capital city that is bursting at the seams with energy. Locals fill the streets, day and night, usually doing something that involves eating or drinking. And how can you blame them when pasta, pizza, gelato, coffee, and wine are everywhere you look? Rome is all big city/ancient ruins, served with a side of spaghetti.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Take a guided tour of some top sights around Rome.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Day 3: Tour Rome + Optional Catacombs of Rome
They say all roads lead to Rome, but once you’re there you quickly realize that all roads actually lead to restaurants. Take the morning to satisfy your cravings and sip