As you float along winding canals, stare awestruck at priceless art, and indulge in plate after plate of fresh pasta, try to reflect on why you’re here. Maybe to explore your heritage, maybe for cultural immersion, or maybe you’re just really, really hungry. Regardless, Italy awaits.
Eating the cacio e pepe you typically dream about
Tossing a coin into the Trevi Fountain (tip: right hand over left shoulder)
Drifting through the canals of Venice in a gondola
Exploring the stunning coastal towns and cliffs of the Amalfi Coast
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book 'em yourself)
10 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
3 insider city tours with local guides
Pasta making class in Rome
Amalfi Coast excursion
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Get ready to eat spaghetti on penne on linguine on fettuccine on gnocchi on ravioli on chocolate gelato (not literally, but maybe literally).
- Day 2: Arrive in Venice + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Venice! Situated on 118 islands, intersected by 175 canals and spanned by more than 400 bridges, this city has had more praise showered upon it from travelers, writers and artists than any other city in the world.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Arrive at the airport—your Tour Director will be waiting to show you how to get around the city.
- Venture into Venice proper or see the area surrounding your accommodation.
- Day 3: Tour Venice
Head to St. Mark’s Square to begin your sightseeing with a local guide.
- See several historic churches and amble through picture-perfect piazzas.
- Follow the winding Grand Canal through the heart of Venice.
- See the historic Rialto bridge, the oldest in the city.
- Day 4: Travel to Florence via Emilia Romagna
Head further down the boot that is Italy and add two more cities to your ‘been there, done that’ list. Watch the hills and trees of the countryside slip by out the window of your private coach before reaching your final destination for the evening and deciding what’s for dinner (pizza is never not an option).
- Break up your trip to Tuscany with a stop in the Emilia Romagna region for some lunch and time to explore.
- Check in to your accommodations in Florence and see what the place has to offer.
- Get the scoop on the area you’re staying on a short walk with your Tour Director.
- Day 5: Tour Florence
Get up, grab a cappuccino, and step out in the beautiful city of Florence. Join a local guide as you walk to some of the most famous sights in the city while taking mental notes of the best smelling restaurants you pass for later. After all, it is Italy and food is kind of a big deal.
- Stroll the Piazza della Signoria, home to Florence’s seat of power, the Palazzo Vecchio, as well as several intricate sculptures.
- March your way across Ponte Vecchio, a medieval stone bridge with shops built along it (formerly butchers, now jewelers and souvenir shops).
- Visit the final resting place of some of the most illustrious Italians such as Michelangelo, Galileo, and Machiavelli at the Basilica di Santa Croce.
- Day 6: Italian Riviera & Cinque Terre*
Lay your eyes on the most beautiful coastal scenery anywhere, Cinque Terre. Discover mountainside villages, iconic colorful seaside buildings, and spend the rest of your day on the pebble beaches of Monterosso.
*Seasonal. Runs from May through September. Departures outside these months will enjoy a free day in Florence. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date.
- Take an AM bus to Levanto for an hour-long boat ride with views of quaint oceanfront villages.
- Disembark at Manarola, famed for colorful buildings that dot the cliffs of its picturesque harbor.
- Hop a train to Monterosso for an afternoon of exploring and beach time.
- Day 7: Travel to Rome + Pasta Making Class
Board your private coach bound for Rome. Along the way, you’ll stop in Tuscany and sample some of the wines this vineyard-rich region is famous for.
- Look out at the cypress-dotted hills of Tuscany and enjoy a wine tasting.
- Arrive in Rome, surrounded by art, ruins, and 2.9 million people.
- Delve into a pasta dinner you made from scratch.
- Day 8: Explore Rome
They say all roads lead to Rome, but once you’re there you quickly realize that all roads actually lead to restaurants. Take the morning to satisfy your cravings and sip some espresso, then experience everything ancient Rome has to offer with a local guide.
- Tour the city with a local guide who will show you why Rome is one of the most legendary cities in Europe.
- Experience the heart of ancient Rome with a visit to the Forum, once a hub of activity for the city.
- See the ruins of several Roman temples, including the Temple of the Vestal Virgins.
- Day 9: Travel to Naples Region via Pompeii
As you make your way to the Naples Region, join a local guide for a walking tour of the ancient city of Pompeii, which stands frozen in time after Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, completely destroying the town.
- Travel back to imperial Roman times and learn about Pompeii, the city covered in volcanic ash.
- Look up at Mt. Vesuvius, the deadly volcano that annihilated this city almost 2,000 years ago.
- Experience the buildings, artifacts and even people that have been extremely well preserved over the years.
- Day 10: Free Day in Naples Region + Optional Capri Trip
The day is yours to do as you wish, like enjoying the thing that Naples is known for: that bready, cheesy, tomato sauce topped stuff we call pizza. Or join your Tour Director for an excursion to Capri. Trust us, you haven’t lived lavishly until you’ve cruised around the island of Capri.
Capri Cruisin' (extra cost)
Ferry across the Bay of Naples then around the Isle of Capri, gawking at the incredible Arco Naturale and the famous Faraglioni rocks. Then travel by funicular railway to the ancient mountaintop island resort.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 11: Visit Positano
Positano’s known as the “vertical city” for a reason. The stacks of pastel-colored buildings emerging from the lush cliffsides are a sight to behold, and the sprawling views out towards the bright blue Mediterranean Sea aren’t too shabby either.
Return to the Naples Region, where you’ll share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Journey to Positano and navigate the city’s many staircases and terraces.
- Wander your way down some of the most popular shopping streets of the Amalfi Coast.
- Day 12: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.