Everyone knows that Spain is a land where people eat dinner late at night and sleep during the day. But until you actually go and experience it for yourself you can’t know what it feels like to taste patatas bravas on chopitos on albóndigas on chorizo in Barcelona’s tapas bars, or to dance yourself clean to the intoxicating bass music in Ibiza’s legendary night clubs, or to crunch the sand under your feet at one of Valencia’s Mediterranean beaches. So lace up your eating shoes, put on your swankiest swim suit, and start rolling your “r’s.” You’re going to Spain.
In a fraternity or sorority? Become a Greek Leader & travel for free. Learn more>
Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, cuisine, and customs
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight flight to Spain
Board your overnight flight to Spain, home of all-night fiestas, incredible food, and naps after lunch. Get some shut-eye because your life is about to get loco.
Day 2: Arrive in Barcelona
Welcome to Barcelona, a city of endless parties, wacky architecture, and premium beaches—which also happen to be where the clubs are. So throw on your walking shoes, your party pants, and any shirt you’d like. Barcelona is the fiesta that keeps on fiesta…ing.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Tour Barcelona + Optional Sagrada Familía Tour & Sangria
Experience Barcelona’s unique architecture and atmosphere with a local guide as you wander the city’s enchanting streets. This historic city is home to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites, seven of which were built by Gaudí (he’s kind of a big deal around here). Take in the impressive sites, and understand why Barcelona is the only city to receive a Royal Gold Medal for architecture—the buildings are basically art.
- Explore the Gothic Quarter with your guide. Don't forget your black eyeliner.
- Visit one of Antoni Gaudí's greatest work of modernist art, Parque Güell. This colorful park is adorned with tilework, dreamlike structures and not a straight line in sight.
- See the 1992 Olympic Park which lines the Mediterranean Sea.
- Take the evening to revisit any of the sights, hit the beach, or explore on your own.
Sagrada Família & Sangria(extra cost)
Antoni Gaudí’s Sagrada Família Basilica is the world’s most unbelievable church—under construction since 1882, finished by 2026 at the earliest. Tour it with a local guide, then enjoy included Sangria and snacks.
Please note: This excursion must be booked at least 30 days prior to tour departure.
Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in Barcelona + Optional Stand-Up Paddleboarding Lesson
The day is yours to experience Barcelona as you please. Whether that means exploring a new neighborhood, lounging on a beach, or kicking back with some tapas and a pitcher of sangria, you really can’t go wrong. Feeling adventurous? Join the Stand-up Paddleboard & Beach day excursion in Sitges.
- Use your free day to explore more of the city with your fellow travelers.
- Enjoy a free day to kick back, relax with a pitcher of sangria, and enjoy the beautiful weather.
- Get your paddle on during an optional paddleboarding lesson.
Free Time Suggestions
Market Down: Visit La Boqueria, the famous market just off of Las Ramblas, with everything from fresh fruits to meats, flowers and sweets.
Playa Long: Barcelona’s coast is lined with beaches, each with its own personality. Try party-centric Barceloneta, tranquil Caldetes or water sports at Mar Bella.
Beach Town Vibes: Stand-up Paddleboarding(extra cost)
Spend the day in a laid-back beach town with the cutest shops for perusing, coastline for days, and most importantly, plenty of the beautiful Mediterranean to paddleboard with a professional instructor on.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Travel to Ibiza
Wave goodbye to Barcelona, stuff some tapas in your pockets for safe-keeping, and pop on your sunglasses. You’re headed to Ibiza! Where the sun is almost always shining, and the party literally never stops.
- Board your morning plane from Barcelona to Ibiza. It’s a quick flight, barely even one whole podcast long.
- Arrive at your accommodation, and get ready for non-stop dancing, gorgeous beaches, and nightlife that is unrivaled.
- Get the lay of the land on a walking tour of the island—it’s kind of unfair that Ibiza got all of the beauty and all of the fun of the Balearic Island family.
- Keep an eye out for mermaids—legend has it that Ibiza is home to the mythological sirens that tried to lure Odysseus from his ship in Homer’s Odyssey.
Day 6: Catamaran Party Cruise
Today is all about reflection and book reading. Nah, just kidding, you didn’t really think you’d go all the way to Ibiza and not rent a party boat for the day, did you? Strap on your sea legs and set sail.
- Pillage and plunder the dance floor—on a boat, no less—like the Pirate of the Mediterranean that you are.
- Turn up the bass and jam out to your favorite sea shanties, probably including “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” at least ten times.
- Make like a culinary Skrillex and drop the beef with a hearty BBQ as you admire the beautiful Es Freus strait between Ibiza and Formentera.
- Take a dance break and catch some rays at remote Illetes Beach.
Day 7: Free Day in Ibiza
Good morning, Ibiza! The settlers of this piece of paradise dedicated the island to the god of music and dance, so it’s only fitting that the island is now a hotspot for all DJ-, club-, and dance party-related things. Apart from being all about that bass, Ibiza is overflowing with vibrant nature. The island has 57 different beaches, and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for it’s top-of-the-line shores and sea life.
- Wake up again in beautiful Ibiza, and take a few minutes to convince yourself this isn’t a dream.
- Consider investing in some of those gel shoe inserts in order to be the Most Chill person on the dance floor tonight.
- Take the afternoon to explore on your own, or head to the beach with your group.
- Brace yourself—you’re about to have another loco day in Ibiza, in all the best ways.
Free Time Suggestions
Uptown Traveler: Walk up to Dalt Vila, a grand fortress that sits above the town, filled with winding cobblestone streets and quaint charm that’ll have you stepping back into history.
Sundowners: When the sun goes down in Ibiza, Café del Mar and Mambo are the places to be. With a drink in hand and the sunset in front of you, it really doesn’t get better than this.
Day 8: Travel to Valencia
Your time in Ibiza has come to an end. But never fear, because you’re on your way to the coastal city of Valencia, the third largest city in Spain, home to thousands of years of history, and a zoo where they let you walk around in the freakin’ animal habitats. Take a moment upon arrival to walk down to the beach and stare longingly in the direction of Ibiza. We’ll wait. All set? Okay! It’s Valencia time.
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride from Ibiza back to the coast of Spain.
- Take a guided jaunt around town and snap some selfies in front of a few of Valencia’s most famous monuments, including Valencia Cathedral and Llotja de la Seda (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Sniff out some paella—the iconic dish of rice, spice, and everything nice was invented in Valencia.
- Forget everything you learned in Spanish class—er, actually, maybe just expect to hear both Spanish and Valencian.
Day 9: Beach Day in Valencia + Farewell Dinner
Think of a year. Now think of an older year. Now think of 138 BC. That’s when Valencia was founded by the Roman Empire. Today’s your last day to hang out in this old, old outpost and you better believe you’re going to spend it on the beach. Relax, tan, splash, and reminisce about the week you just had. Then, dig in to a farewell dinner with your fellow travelers.
- Prepare yourself for a lifetime of saying things like “yeah these tapas are good, but it’s not the same as they were in Spain.”
- Head to some of Valencia’s most picturesque beaches, like La Malvarrosa, a local favorite that we would 10/10 recommend checking out.
- Get some tan lines for your tan lines—just to make sure all your friends know you went on vacation.
- Take advantage of one final night of the ridiculously fuego nightlife Valencia’s Barrio del Carmen neighborhood has to offer.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– OR –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.