To put it simply, trips to Spain have it all. Spots like Barcelona and Ibiza have some of the world’s best beaches, Madrid’s got museums, Sevilla has flamenco, and pretty much everywhere is brimming with culture, energy, adventure, and all the tapas you can eat. It’s time to travel to Spain—vamos!
Traveler photos from Spain
The best trip ever!!
“Spain is an absolutely beautiful country!!! I made such amazing and unforgettable memories with so many people. Matt was a remarkable tour guide who was so involved, friendly, and fun the minute my cousins and I met him at the airport! Couldn’t have asked for a better experience and tour guide especially.”
–Lily, traveled on Barcelona, Ibiza & Valencia Aug. 2022
A grand adventure!!
“Since I was young I've dreamed of going to Spain, and I was not disappointed! This trip was absolutely amazing. I loved getting to see different cities in Spain and the differences in culture. Overall this trip was thoroughly enriching, and I enjoyed everything from architecture, history, food, nature, and beaches. BOOK THIS TRIP!”
–Brianna, traveled on Spanish Road Trip Aug. 2021
Say hola to Spain
Know before you go
It’s fun and helpful to try your hand at the local language, Spanish! Try out some of these popular words and phrases:
- Hello: Hola
- How are you? ¿Cómo estás?
- Goodbye: Adiós
- Thank you: Gracias
- Please: Por favor
- I’m (your name): Soy (your name)
- I’m from (your country of residence): Soy de (your country of residence)
- How much does this cost? Cuánto cuesta?
- Where is the...?: Dónde está...
- bathroom: el baño
- bus stop: la parada de autobús
- pharmacy: la farmacia
Because of its geographic isolation from the rest of Europe and rich history, Spain is truly its own culture. You’ll find this reflected in the art, music, food, and more. Here are some expert tips to help you understand the ins and outs of Spain and feel like a true Spaniard.
- Siestas are a midday break (1-4pm) when people gather with friends/family for a meal or nap.
- Spain is home to the great artists and architects like Dali, Picasso, and Gaudi – you can’t (and shouldn’t) miss their work.
- Spaniards are night owls – nighttime is when the cities come to life with people talking, dancing, and eating!
- Music is a key piece of Spanish culture with flamenco, classical guitar, and yes, EDM.
- Barcelona is the capital of Catalunya region, one of the two strong identities in Spain (Basque is the other).
- Spanish summers are hot, especially in the south. Stay hydrated and bring your sunglasses!
- Socializing is a huge part of Spanish culture; Whether over coffee, drinks, or food, strike up a conversation!
- Close personal bubbles, eye contact, and two kisses on the cheeks to greet are all the norm in Spain.
- The Spanish love to celebrate – if you’re lucky, there will be a festival event, or party while you’re there!
Wine. Tapas. Jamón. Ever heard of ‘em? Well, if you haven’t, you’ll be an expert on these delicacies by the end of your tour. Read on for tips, tricks, and delicacies you must try while in Spain.
- The Spanish eat a late lunch (siesta), snack in-between, and dinner at 10pm.
- Lunch is the biggest meal of the day, around 2pm – only the touristy spots serve a 12pm lunch!
- Tapas bars usually serve food all hours of the day, can be stand-up or sit-down, and often have soccer (excuse us, fútbol) playing on the TV. What more do you need?
- Avoid ordering at the bar then bringing the food to your table. Instead, try standing at the bar for a real authentic experience! If you choose to sit, you’ll just see a service charge on your bill.
- Jamón: Pronounced, hah-mohn, is dry-cured ham. It’s everywhere, and it’s delicious.
- Paella: A well-known Spanish cuisine, it’s rice with veggies, paprika, saffron, and seafood
- Wine, Cava, Sangria: Wine, sparkling wine, and wine with fun stuff.
- Blistered peppers: Similar to shishito peppers, they’re grilled, salted, and a great snack
- Pan con tomate: Bread with tomato, olive oil, and salt. Simple, yet satisfying.
- Croquettas: Similar to a mozzarella stick, but usually filled with cheese, meat, or veggies!
- Calamari: Squid or octopus – when in Spain, right?
- Patatas Bravas: A fan favorite for tapas, simply crispy potato wedges with spicy sauce and aioli
We plan it all. And then some.
Our group trips to Spain come with everything included. That’s accommodations, flights (unless you wanna book your own), activities, and an expert Tour Director who always knows where to find the best paella.
Round-trip flights & airport transfers (or book ’em yourself)