If you want to live in the moment, ignite your curiosity, and explore the national parks containing the tallest trees, driest deserts, and colossal-est canyons in the continental U.S.A., then this trip is for you. Experience the best of the west on this 11-day road trip from Salt Lake City to Phoenix.
What are the top highlights?
- Gaze into the great void of the Grand Canyon at a loss for words
- Stroll the Las Vegas strip, each step increasing the odds that you yell “Vegas, baby!”
- Enter another world as you walk through Zion National Park in Utah
- Try to count the number of arches in Arches National Park
- Upgrade your Insta game at Canyonlands National Park
- Feast your eyes on the natural rock bridges & arches of Bryce Canyon National Park
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 10 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner
- Daily breakfast & a three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrance to Arches National Park, Zion, Grand Canyon National Park & more
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Arrival in Salt Lake City & Overnight Park City
Welcome to Utah, home to the “Mighty Five” National Parks: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonland. Lucky you, you get to explore four of them! We like those odds. Once you land in Salt Lake City, drive to nearby Park City and settle into your hotel before meeting the rest of your group.
- Arrive in Salt Lake City where you’ll meet an EF representative
- Transfer to your hotel in Park City to check in and check out your room
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director
- Meet your fellow travelers at a Welcome Event
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy an included dinner with fellow travelers while you get to know one another.
Day 2: Drive to Moab via Canyonland National Park
Today, head south to Moab and begin your great American road trip! Moab is known for its dramatic land formations, and acts as a gateway to great National Parks like Arches and Canyonland. Make sure you charge your camera and lay out your adventure outfit tonight, because tomorrow you get to explore it all!
- Board your private bus bound for Moab
- Head to Canyonlands National Park and gawk at the desert views carved by the Colorado River
- Check in at your hotel in Moab
Day 3: Arches National Park
Today’s the day! Arches National Park is home to more than 2,000 natural sandstone arches. After a guided tour through the parks, enjoy free time on your own to explore all they have to offer.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Arches National Park with your Tour Director
- Explore the park’s many natural wonders in your free time
Day 4: Transfer to Kanab via Bryce Canyon National Park
Make your way through scenic southwestern Utah to tour Bryce Canyon National Park by bus and your own two feet. The park’s crimson-colored rock formation, pink limestone, arches, natural bridges, are more will make you wish you were a sandstone formation so that you could stay in the park forever and ever. You’ll spend the next two nights in Kanab, a city in southwestern Utah that has attracted filmmakers for decades by way of its scenic natural backdrop.
- Explore Bryce Canyon National Park with your Tour Director.
- Get up-close and personal with the funky pink limestone and sandstone formations.
- Take your metaphorical horse to the metaphorical Old Town Road with Kanab’s Wild Wild West vibes.
Day 5: Zion National Park
Today you will take a to