- Day 1: Arrive in Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 7 days! Get situated, get properly sunscreened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Day 2: Travel to San Ignacio + Welcome Dinner
San Ignacio is the pastel-colored gateway to the Guatemalan rainforest. Enjoy the friendly small town atmosphere for the day.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Gawk at the Belizean countryside as you venture inward towards San Ignacio.
- Arrive in San Ignacio and chill out at the edge of the jungle.
- Join the rest of your group in the Ultimate Ambassador Welcome Session
- Day 3: Full Day Excursion: San Ignacio; Xunantunich Ruins, Lunch, and Canoe Macal River
Today you'll discover ancient Mayan ruins, wave to Guatemala, and keep an eye out for wildlife as you canoe down a river—the perfect day in Belize.
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in San Ignacio.
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich, complete with panoramic views of Guatemala in the distance.
- Fuel back up with an included lunch.
- Canoe down the Macal River near San Ignacio.
- Day 4: Cave Tubing on the Southern Coast
Trade in archaeology for adrenaline today on the Southern Coast of Belize. You’re in for a mellow dose of lazy river cave tubing, and plenty of beach time.
- Give a hearty howler monkey goodbye to the rainforest as you board your bus headed for the coast.
- Slow down with a lazy river float through a wild series of sacred Mayan caves.
- Feast on an included barbeque lunch—feel free to nap off the food coma later on the beach.
- Day 5: Snorkeling Trip
Take a private boat out to the Turneffe Atoll, part of the Belize Coral Reef (and former hangout for Blackbeard the pirate!), for a day of snorkeling and chilling with dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees. After that, you’ll back to the hotel for some time to relax by the beach and lay by the pool.
Free time suggestions
Belizean Cuisine: The food in Belize is a bit like Mexican food, but with a unique twist from Mayan, Garifuna, Kriol and other cultures. The result is fabulous, and you must be sure to try ceviche, conch fritters, fry jacks, or anything that looks tasty to you!
Beach Time: Grab a book, download a podcast, order a cold drink, and plop yourself down on the golden sand for the day. Be sure to flip over once in awhile for even tanning.
- Day 6: Return to Belize City + Farewell Dinner
After a wonderful time on the Southern Coast, it’s time to return to Belize City for one final day in paradise. Spend your bus ride scheduling your “take me back to Belize” Instagram posts, and swapping numbers with the friends you made on the trip before one final dinner together.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
- Day 7: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 3 authentic traveler reviews
Bali really was all THAT.Illyanna, traveled May. 2022
A perfect mix of culture, adventure, nature, party, relaxation, FOOD, and most importantly, human connection. Our tour guides Putri and Putra were the BEST dynamic duo and were so welcoming and nurturing. Heads up, the Mt. Batur hike is a HIKE, so do with that information what you will :)
INCREDIBLEZoe, traveled May. 2022
This trip is amazing!! Putra & Putri were the best tour guides we could've asked for. They were so knowledgeable and super helpful. I miss them already! Bali is stunning and full of adventure. The flights over are long, but 1000% worth it. I HIGHLY recommend this trip!
un-BALI-vable!Katherine, traveled May. 2022
I had an un-BALI-vable time in Bali! It is soooo beautiful with the mountains, ocean, rice terraces landscapes, etc. I was able to cross off so many things off of my bucket list, and I got to do almost everything I wanted to while in Bali! We got to hike Mount Batur, relax during our free time and free days, be active with Canyon Tubing, be artistic with a... See more