Ultimate Ambassadors to Belize
From $1559 with flightsPayments as low as $505
This trip is land, air, and sea to the tropical max. Where else can you trek inland to San Ignacio to unearth the treasures of Mayan ruins at Xunantunich? And once you’ve properly observed leg day by climbing the temple stairs: sprawl out on some of the best beaches in the world, tube down a lazy river, snorkel, swim, and splash in the crystal-clear water until the Belizean sea cows come home.
What are the top highlights?
- Explore the Xunantunich Ruins
- Cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel in the second largest coral reef
- Bask in the sun on a Southern Coast beach
- Keep an ear out in the rainforest for howler monkeys’ notorious calls
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- Ferry ride to Ambergris Caye
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Entrances to Xunantunich Ruins & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Gawk at the Belizean countryside as you venture inward towards San Ignacio.
- Arrive in San Ignacio and chill out at the edge of the jungle.
- Join the rest of your group in the Ultimate Ambassador Welcome Session
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in San Ignacio.
- Explore the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich, complete with panoramic views of Guatemala in the distance.
- Fuel back up with an included lunch.
- Canoe down the Macal River near San Ignacio.
- Give a hearty howler monkey goodbye to the rainforest as you board your bus headed for the coast.
- Slow down with a lazy river float through a wild series of sacred Mayan caves.
- Feast on an included barbeque lunch—feel free to nap off the food coma later on the beach.
Day 1: Arrive in Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 7 days! Get situated, get properly sunscreened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
In the evening, enjoy an included dinner and try to get some shut-eye before an early start the next morning!
Day 2: Travel to San Ignacio
San Ignacio is the pastel-colored gateway to the Guatemalan rainforest. Enjoy the friendly small town atmosphere for the day.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
Day 3: Full Day Excursion: San Ignacio; Xunantunich Ruins, Lunch, and Canoe Macal River
Today you'll discover ancient Mayan ruins, wave to Guatemala, and keep an eye out for wildlife as you canoe down a river—the perfect day in Belize.
Day 4: Cave Tubing on the Southern Coast
Trade in archaeology for adrenaline today on the Southern Coast of Belize. You’re in for a mellow dose of lazy river cave tubing, and plenty of beach time.
Day 5: Snorkeling Trip
Take a private boat out to the Turneffe Atoll, part of the Belize Coral Reef (and former hangout for Blackbeard the pirate!), for a day of snorkeling and chilling with dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees. After that, you’ll back to the hotel for some time to relax by the beach and lay by the pool.
Free Time Suggestions
Belizean Cuisine: The food in Belize is a bit like Mexican food, but with a unique twist from Mayan, Garifuna, Kriol and other cultures. The result is fabulous, and you must be sure to try ceviche, conch fritters, fry jacks, or anything that looks tasty to you!
Beach Time: Grab a book, download a podcast, order a cold drink, and plop yourself down on the golden sand for the day. Be sure to flip over once in awhile for even tanning.
Day 6: Return to Belize City + Farewell Dinner
After a wonderful time on the Southern Coast, it’s time to return to Belize City for one final day in paradise. Spend your bus ride scheduling your “take me back to Belize” Instagram posts, and swapping numbers with the friends you made on the trip before one final dinner together.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 7: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.